Wednesday 20 May 2015

formal letter sample format for resignation

Which is the Best Formal Letter Sample Format For Resignation?


What is a resignation letter
A resignation letter is a formal statement advising an employer that you are leaving your job. Even when oral notification of your intentions has been given it is still advisable to put it in writing.



Resignation letter

Any resignation must be done gracefully and professionally.

Writing a resignation letter is not easy. As it is a matter of formality it needs to be done skillfully as well as courteously or it could have a serious impact on your career in the future.

Putting together a resignation letter is an important part of leaving a job and it's important you pick the right style for your situation.
Take a look at these sample resignation letters and decide which is the best option for you. Then download it, adapt it, print it and hand it over to your boss.

This is a resource page that will firstly give you free access to many professionally written resignation letter examples and secondly show you how to write your very own high quality one. It can help you if you are not sure what to write in a resignation letter and show you how to tactfully say that you are leaving. Essentially you will learn how to resign easily and quickly from your job by keeping your letter to the point and avoiding any room for misinterpretation.

Sample 1 - Formal Resignation Letter

Today’s Date

Manager's Name
Manager's Title
Company Name

Dear Mr./Ms. Manager:

Please accept this letter of resignation from the position of [Job Title], effective two weeks from today. My last day at [Company Name] will be [date].

I have accepted a position with another company that will further my growth and development in my career. I have enjoyed working at [company name] and will miss my colleagues. However, this new position will challenge my growth and further my career.

During the next two weeks, I am willing to help you in any way to make the transition as smooth as possible. This includes assisting in recruiting and training my replacement. Please let me know if there is anything specific that you would like me to do.

Again, it has been a pleasure working as a part of your company.

Best regards,

Your signature
Your typed name




Example 2
                             (Name, address, and date)
Dear...........
I realise that various processes are now under way for me to leave the organization since I resigned on (date).
My circumstances and therefore my feelings have changed (due to.....), and if possible I would now like to withdraw my resignation.
I hope that I can continue in my job as normal, although I appreciate matters may not be that simple, and I await your response.
Thank you in anticipation of your understanding and apologise for any inconvenience I may have caused.

Yours sincerely, etc.                         

No comments:

Post a Comment