Saturday 23 May 2015

How to Write an Appeal Letter


How to Write an Appeal Letter?


Appeal Letter Writing
  An appeal letter allows you to state your side of the story using facts to support your cause The first paragraph should introduce yourself and explain why you are writing the letter. Although it may be difficult, be sure to keep your tone and emotions in check to show that you can present an objective viewpoint. Keep the first paragraph as concise and clear as possible so that the reader can immediately understand its urgency.
Whether it is a denial of your unemployment, suspension from college, or a decision of the Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”), housing board, or neighborhood association, many of us will have a time when we need a second chance. When these situations present themselves, an appeal letter might get you that second chance, so be sure to make the most of it. To write a professional, effective letter of appeal, follow these step-by-step instructions.
The next paragraph(s) should narrate the account of what happened, and why your appeal should be granted. Include all the necessary facts in order to legitimize your case. You can start by referring to your handbook or guidelines as member of that particular group or institution. Also, provide specific times and date when particular events occurred. To make your letter more reader-friendly, use bullet-points every time you need to enumerate. After doing this, refer to testimonials from people related to your work, transcript of records, and medical certificate, if necessary.
The last part should summarize everything you have stated above. Repeat the necessary points that need to be elucidated. Also include the contact details and where you can be reached. Close out the letter by thanking the reader for their time.
Mr. Joe Howard
Admissions Counselor
Breamer University
Studytown, USA

Dear Mr. Howard:
I fully understand your reasons for my rejection from admission to Breamer University. At the time of my application, my SAT scores were too low and did not show my strengths as a student. I would like to ask you to reconsider my admission.
I have taken the SAT testing again and my scores have improved immensely. My reading scores improved by 100 points and math scores are up to 675. I have included copies of my new test results in an enclosure.
I understand that Breamer does not usually accept appeals, but I am asking for you to reconsider my application based on the new and improved scores. My grades in high school have also improved to a 4.0 and I am enclosing my latest report card.
Thank you kindly for taking the time to read my letter and I hope you can reopen my application and give me a second chance. This is still my first choice in colleges.
Respectfully,
Karen Johnson
Enclosures
  

No comments:

Post a Comment